This year has been busy, yet amazing! My family relocated in the midst of publishing my first book, Jobs of a Preschooler. In between homeschooling, settling in at a new location, exploring the new area, spending time with my family, and life in general, I was still able to have a lot of fun writing!
Below is a list of what I have done this year in what I have been calling “my writing adventure”. Unless stated otherwise, I have attached links to past posts incase you were interested in reading more about them.
- started this website, which has been an incredible learning experience
- found an illustrator
- assembled and published Jobs of a Preschooler (this is a link to Amazon)
- created my own pickle-shaped font
- assembled and published Pickles, Pickles, I Like Pickles (this is a link to Amazon)
- entered both books for a Readers’ Favorite 5 Stars Review, which they both received
- sold Pickles, Pickles, I Like Pickles to Mt. Olive Pickles Company and The Pickle Guys
- created coloring pages and activity sheets to go along with both books (you can print them off for free!)
- did presentations and storytimes at libraries
- had an interview on live TV for Pickles, Pickles, I Like Pickles
- celebrated National Pickle Day with some kids
- created a Goodreads account (this links to my Goodreads page)- you are welcome to follow me on Goodreads for updates on books I review
- had a giveaway for Jobs of a Preschooler, which 953 people entered
- had a giveaway for Pickles, Pickles, I Like Pickles, which 1,256 people entered
- found an author group in our new area to meet with monthly
- wrote and sent out some articles, poems, and stories to various websites and magazines
- had an article published in the Practical Homeschooling magazine
- had an article published on Money Saving Mom (this is a link to the article on Money Saving Mom)
- had an article published on Hands On As We Grow as a guest post (this is a link to the article on HOAWG)
- was asked to become a monthly contributor to Hands On As We Grow
- created a Pinterest account (this links to my pinterest page)- you are welcome to follow me on Pinterest if you are interested
I hope to continue writing in 2018, and I am eager to see where my writing adventure will take me next. Thank you for being a part of this writing journey. Happy New Year!
What are some things that you have accomplished this past year? Do you have any goals for the upcoming year?