Yesterday, I received the proof of my book Jobs of a Preschooler. For those of you who may not know, a proof is the copy that is meant for an author (and possibly other people such as proofreaders or editors) to review before the book is officially published.
I was excited to see all of my work finally together in an actual book; however, there was a strip of white across the cover that I did not care for.
As a result, I spent quite a bit of time last night experimenting with the cover trying to find something that looked better (not only to me, but also to my family members who were willing to offer their opinions). I kept the same illustration; however, I did get rid of the white strip, and I changed the font. I am very thankful that the interior pages looked exactly the way that I had envisioned, so I did not need to make any revisions to the inside pages. Now, I will have to wait for the updated cover to be approved before a new proof can be sent to me. I hope that the next proof will be even better! Who knows, maybe once I see the “new and improved” version, I will decide that the original cover really did look better all along.
Once I approve a proof, I will be able to set a publication date. Stay tuned for more information about Jobs of a Preschooler.