This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may be compensated at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through a link. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey there! A Book Notes for Kids printable has been added to the Freebie Library.
Contents of the Book Notes for Kids Printable
The Book Notes for Kids printable includes space for kids (or even adults) to record the title, author, number of pages, date started, and date ended for each book they read. They can also write the book number in the book cloud. For example, they would write the number one for their first book and the number two for their second book and continue from there.
Kids can also mark the book as Fiction or Nonfiction and color in the stars on the Book Notes for Kids printable to give the book a rating.
- 0 Stars – I wish I hadn’t read it.
- 1 Star – It was terrible.
- 2 Stars – It wasn’t that good.
- 3 Stars – It was okay.
- 4 Stars – It was good.
- 5 Stars – It was amazing!
Thoughts, quotes, or any other notes can be written on the additional provided lines. Both wide-ruled lines and thin-ruled lines are provided. Perfect for many ages and grade levels!
This Book Notes for Kids printable is great for recording all the books your student has read.
Directions for the Book Notes for Kids Printable
- Go to the Freebie Library.
- Scroll to the Reading Freebies section and click on the Freebie: Book Notes for Kids picture. (It looks the same as the picture at the top of this post.)
- Print the pages. You may want to print multiple copies at once, so your student can record notes for multiple books.
- Keep all the pages together by storing them in a three-ring binder or folder.
- Have your student fill in the pages as they read books. (You could even write the information for your little ones as they dictate it to you.)
Reading Journal for Kids Available
If you don’t want to deal with printing and storing the pages in a binder or folder, you may be interested in purchasing a Reading Journal.
There are seven cover options for Reading Journals with thin-ruled pages and five cover options for Reading Journals with wide-ruled pages available. The wide-ruled journals have a large rectangle on the front cover for students to write their names.
These large 8.5″ x 11″ softcover Reading Journals include pages (like the Book Notes for Kids printable) to record a total of 100 books, a personalized table of contents, a letter to the reader, pages to record new words and definitions, and pages to write the titles of books to read in the future.
Books to Read
If you are looking for some children’s books for your kids to read (or to read with your kids), you may be interested in the following links. These provide many book ideas on a variety of topics.
- 15+ Biography Book Series for Kids (With Hundreds of Book Biographies to Choose From)
- 10 Books for Young Writers
- 10 Fun Alphabet Books
- 14 Children’s Books About Flowers
- 14 Children’s Books About Seeds, Plants, and Gardening
- 15 Children’s Books about Kindness and Friendship
- 21 Children’s Books About Apples
- 22 Children’s Books about Pumpkins
- 23 Children’s Books with Raccoons
- 25+ Books About Owls