(This post contains affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission at no extra charge to you if you click on a link and make a purchase. Thank you!)
Are you interested in publishing a book but don’t know which publishing option would be best for you and your book?
If so, you may be interested in a course I recently created titled Choosing the Best Publishing Option for You and Your Book: Traditional Publishing, Hybrid Publishing, or Self-Publishing?, which is now available on Udemy.
If you take this course, you will learn:
- the differences between traditional publishing, hybrid publishing, and self-publishing
- what a literary agent does and whether or not one is needed to publish a book
- the pros and cons of print-on-demand publishing and two self-publishing companies that offer print-on-demand publishing
- publishing terms such as query letter, manuscript, book proposal, exclusive submissions, simultaneous submissions, advance, and royalty
- things to consider if choosing a hybrid publisher
- and more
The course includes a total of twelve lectures: an introduction and 11 lessons. Each lecture includes a video with a slide show presentation as well as a downloadable transcript for your convenience. The video lectures total approximately 2 hours (about the same amount of time it takes to watch a movie)!
Handouts are also included with some of the lectures to provide additional resources and information to help you in your publishing decision.
You are welcome to read more information and preview the introduction and two lessons over on Udemy here.
If you do not already have a Udemy account and you choose to take the course, you will be required to register for a free Udemy account.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions concerning the course Choosing the Best Publishing Option for You and Your Book: Traditional Publishing, Hybrid Publishing, or Sef-Publishing?
If you are a children’s book author interested in pursuing traditional publishing, you may want to check out 37 Children’s Book Publishers Accepting Unsolicited Manuscripts.
May you have a wonderful day!